DaVinci Resolve is an amazing video post app for editing, coloring, adding visual effects, and mixing sound. And with free and studio versions, anyone can produce very high quality videos and films.
Fairlight is the incredibly powerful audio mixing module within Resolve.
**Note - this course has been updated for DaVinci Resolve Fairlight version 16.2.3.
In the course, we’ll teach you:
- How to configure the Fairlight settings
- Import and sync your audio clips
- How to get around the Fairlight page
- How to use track layers
- How to choose which mic to use in a dialogue edit
- How to set up your channel mapping
- How to use keyframes and automation to dynamically adjust track and clip levels
- How and when to bounce tracks and timelines
- How to loudness normalize your final mix
Curtis Judd has been recording and processing video sound for over 14 years. He specializes in corporate and short film production and post production. He is a self-professed audio enthusiast and a passionate instructor.
- Paul Reeber